I worked at Intact Insurance for a year, during which I worked on a range of products, some reaching millions of Candians. I did some UX Design, and a significant amount of user research. This included usability evaluations, customer interviews, A/B testing among other techniques.
Unfortunately, most of this research relates to projects currently under development, so as of April 2020 I can’t post further details online.
- I was the lead designer on a new billing system for the web portal and application, to be deployed for millions of customers.
- To design the new system, I consulted with current customers, subject-matter experts, developers, and product owners among others.
- Usability testing, A/B testing and analytics were heavily employed to redesign the billing system.
- I was one of 2 researchers on an added value project. This involved looking for ways we could help our customers beyond ‘the basics’.
- We conducted phone interviews and applied a content analysis approach to determine what people were most interested in.
- Our research ended up uncovering both new things we could offer our customers, as well as opportunities to fix existing services.
- The project concluded with a hackathon that developed several of the new features, allowing us to deliver more to our customers.
- Various landing page designs and optimizations.
- Various changes to the Android and iOS applications.
- Suggested improvements to CRM platform for call agents, based on shadowing.